Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Serendipity Stamps Challenge #15


Hi there!

It is time once again for a new challenge on the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog. The challenge this week is to use postage stamps as inspiration. We used these gorgeous USPS Vintage Seed Packet postage stamps for inspiration for this week's creations.


They are almost too pretty to use! There is so much to be inspired by - I took inspiration from the colors and from the tiny little snapshots of a flower on each one. Here is the card that I created:


I started by using a die to cut six 'postage stamps' from cardstock. Then I picked some of Serendipity's flower stamps (I used the Pansy Corner, English Rose, Sweet Pea, and Hollyhock stamps). I inked them up and stamped just a portion onto the postage stamps. Then I used Copic markers to color them.


Here is a close up of those little stamps.  Aren't they pretty?

Stop over to the Challenge Blog for all the details and to see the fabulous inspiration from the rest of the Design Team:


I hope you'll join us for this week's challenge. If you're in the mood for a little shopping, this week's sale is free shipping on US orders $20 and up. The special ends 7/31. Enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by, take care!

------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Pansy Corner (343H), English Rose (762L), Sweet Pea (1215H), Hollyhock (1214L) - Serendipity Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Vintage Cream - PTI; Sahara Sand - SU!
PATTERNED PAPER: For the Record - Echo Park Paper Co.
INK: Rich Cocoa Memento - Tsukineko; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger
OTHER: Postage Stamp Dies - Spellbinders; Button, Twine - PTI

6 comments:

  1. Truly gorgeous! What a creative way to create those postage stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, so pretty! You captured the vintage look perfectly. Thanks for a heads up on the stamps - I'll have to track some down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You win! This is gorgeous! I love all the flowers and the wonderful citrus colors you used Anya! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used all the postage dies and added those fabulous flowers!! Gorgeous Anya!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes they are very pretty! Love what you have done here Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how each "stamp" shows a different beautiful flower- great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!