Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Spinning Pinwheel Tutorial

Happy Independence Day!

I hope you are well on your way to having a wonderful day celebrating the red, white, and blue!  I am popping in to share a quick little tutorial about how I made my spinning pinwheel card that I shared during the WMS July release.


I am sure there are a lot of different ways out there to do this, but I was able to pull this together quickly with supplies I had on hand.

Here is what you will need:


Your stamped and cut out pinwheel with a hole punched in the center, a brad, an eyelet (I only had these jumbo ones from Stampin' Up!) and your base piece of cardstock. This will just about be your last step, so make sure you've done all the stamping and embellishing you would like to do. On my base piece, I used a negative die cut and some white ink to add some clouds. Use a hole punch to punch a hole where you want your pinwheel to go.


Insert the brad through the hole in your pinwheel. Then, on the backside, add the eyelet. All the eyelet does is create some space between your card base so the pinwheel can turn. I would imagine a bead or some other kind of spacer would work just as well, too.


Then put the brad through the hole you punched in your cardstock base. Bend the ends back and that's it! See how the eyelet creates space between the pinwheel and the cardstock?


I added my cardstock layer to a card base and then added the finishing details. Then its ready for a spin!

A totally cute idea for birthday or baby, too! I hope you'll give it a try! I would love to see your creation if you do.  Make sure to comment or send me an email if you have any questions. 

I hope you have a fantastic day and look forward to seeing you soon!

Anya

------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Playful Pinwheels - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi - Stampin' Up!; Oatmeal - Wplus9
INK: Real Red, Night of Navy, Whisper White - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen, Tea Dye Distress Ink - Ranger IndustrieS
OTHER: Pinwheel Electronic Cut File - Waltzingmouse Stamps; Grass Electronic Cut File - Silhouette America; Silver Brad; Eyelet; Wooden Dowel

5 comments:

  1. Finally!!!
    I can use all those 5634 brads I have stashed somewhere...
    there's gonna be a lot of pinwheels coming from this house! :)
    Love this card...
    love this set...
    can't wait for it to get into my hands! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anya! I love your patriotic pin wheel and how clever that it spins! Great tutorial - simple enough for me to follow :) So fun and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh... I have those Brads and this is such an easy peasy wY to do the spinning! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun Anya! I think I have those big eyelets in my craft room somewhere and I know I have tons of brads of all shapes and sizes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!