Friday, May 11, 2012

You Planted the Seed

Good morning!

I am so glad that it is Friday! Tonight after work Bill and I are headed to a local greenhouse to stock up for planting weekend! I am so excited, I look forward to this every year. I hopped right out of bed this morning :)

I have a Mother's Day card to share with you today. I put this together using one of my favorite Wplus9 sets, Woodgrain Silhouettes.


Just love fussy cutting those flowers.

I stamped one row of the woodgrain background on my Rustic White cardstock and then used a mask along the bottom of my cardstock to just add a little more of the woodgrain pattern - I didn't want a whole second row.

The flowers were stamped onto Rustic White cardstock using Wisteria Wonder ink and then cut out. I adhered them to my card with foam dimensional tape and then nestled the sentiment in that space under the stems. I distressed the top and bottom edges of the panel and then adhered it to a Wisteria Wonder card base. The finishing touch was a bit of Dazzling Diamonds glitter along the blooms.

Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms out there! I am just a puppy mom right now, but I'm hosting brunch for my Mom and Nana on Sunday. Looking forward to a beautiful day!

Take care,

Anya

------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Woodgrain Silhouettes - Wplus9 Design Studio
CARDSTOCK: Rustic White - Papertrey Ink; Wisteria Wonder - Stampin' Up!
INK: Sahara Sand, Wisteria Wonder, Early Espresso - Stampin' Up!
OTHER: Dazzling Diamonds Glitter - Stampin' Up!

3 comments:

  1. A LOVELY MOTHERS DAY CARD LOVE THE SENTIMENT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy planting sweet lady! The greenhouse will be a real treat - I will look for your journaling photos!!! Your card is beautiful - what a perfect sentiment. The wood grain and the fussy cut flowers are so natural!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a fabulous brunch to with your mum and nana. Lovely card...the color combo is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!