Wednesday, May 9, 2012

CardMaker Blog Team Hop

Hi there!

Today is blog hop day for the CardMaker Magazine Blog Team. Our theme this time is: What a difference you've made; thank you cards for teachers or mentors.

To me, thank you cards are one of the most fun type of cards to make. You can go with just about any style, and its easy to customize it for the recipient. I didn't necessarily have anyone in mind when I made today's card, but thought a little about creating something for a male teacher or mentor - they always seem to be the hardest to create for. Here's what I came up with.


I kept the layout simple and graphic, and let the label be the main focus. I used shades of green to help it to pop - this combination of Wild Wasabi and Spring Moss is one of my favorites. I also like the wording of the sentiment - hearfelt appreciation - which, to me, is just a little different than saying thank you, and allows for the opportunity to write a little inside the card about what you appreciate about that person.


I'm so glad you've stopped by today, please make sure you hop on over to visit the other Blog Team members!  I can't wait to check out what these outstanding ladies have come up with!

Anya Schrier - You are here!

Have a great day!

Anya

------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Super Star, Label Layers 4, A Pocketful - Wplus9 Design Studio
CARDSTOCK: Spring Moss, Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink; Wild Wasabi - Stampin' Up!
INK: Sahara Sand, Wild Wasabi - Stampin' Up!; Spring Moss - Papertrey Ink; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Label Layers 4 Die, Banner Trio Die - Wplus9 Design Studio

13 comments:

  1. Love this Anya! Love the colors and your expert stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome card, Anya! I love the color palette and I think it works great for a male teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome masculine card Anya! Love it! :)

    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the subtle tones of this card! Such perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing card and the colors are soft and nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card. I love the simplicity of it. Simple, yet elegant. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Anya! Love your muted color scheme! Nice to see you...it's been a while!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fabulous card. It is simple, but, says it all. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An amazing card with lovely stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely card, great unisex card, stamping is great! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!