Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tenderness of Heart

Good morning!

I have been spending lots of time working on creations for the upcoming Waltzingmouse Release (previews start on Sunday!), but I thought I'd take a few minutes and play along with this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge.

I pulled up their website just as I started writing this, and I saw Denise January's card for this week's challenge and am now a little embarrassed! We'll just say great minds think alike!

Here is this week's color story:

And here is the card I created.

I was trying to think of stamp sets I have and have not yet used, and Lace Bouquet was one of those sets. I always love the yummy vintage look of black ink on cream cardstock, so I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to let this stamp shine. I added hot pink rhinestones as accents to some of the flowers.

I think this would be one of those cards that would really look nice as a set. Switching up the rhinestones or the sentiment would be a great way to make them unique, but these lace is so pretty I would love to make more.

Thank you for stopping in today - I hope your day is fantastic!

Anya

------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Lace Bouquet, Simply Jane - Papertrey Ink
CARDSTOCK: True Black, Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
INK: Onyx Black Versafine - Tsukineko
OTHER: Pink adhesive rhinestones - Recollections; Sewing machine

8 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous!!
    This set is still on my wish list because I just love the lace...
    but needed to see it in action more...
    so it's a definite!
    But I can do you one even better...
    I had a card done for Blog Party Friday...
    just needed to photograph...
    and while linking up for a couple of friends...
    saw Karin's card...
    except for my stamped background...
    we made the exact same card!!
    Bunny...
    in an oval...
    in grass...
    I even had "Hi" as the sentiment!
    I refused to post and scrambled to get another one done...
    of which JJ was thinking along the same lines with that one too! :)
    So I'm going to say "brilliant minds"...
    a compliment to me...
    an insult to them...
    but don't tell ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful and perfectly serene, Anya! And that sentiment... SWOON! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous, Anya! I love how you've let the image stand on its own. This set is on my wish list, so maybe it will be coming home to me soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so sweet to say "great minds think alike". Your crafty mind is far superior to my own! I do love this image in black and white... so striking and yet still elegant. Thanks so much for joining us in the Cafe this week. (can't wait to see all the WMS goodies!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Anya...absolutely gorgeous. The touch of pink is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I love the lace rose and the touch of pink is perfect!

    Have a blessed day!
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so funny because I too saw Denise's card and realised we had used some similar items, not this particular stamp but the die etc. Your card is just beautiful! I haven't seen this stamp but it's stunning in black! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this beautiful intricate lace look - the black on cream is perfection and I love the bit of glam from the pink gems. Another beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!