Saturday, June 25, 2011

Celebrate

Hi there!

I will be short and sweet here today - its Friday night as I write this and Bill's waiting to watch a movie with me. A relaxing night in is just what the doctor ordered. I've got a combo challenge for you today - this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge and the Play Date Cafe color challenge. Let's take a look at our challenges, shall we?

We've got another sketch challenge this week from Belinda.

And a festive color story!

Here's my card:

I used Bitty Banners to put together my card. I stamped each banner twice and snipped out the centers to layer for multiple colors. The sentiment is from Asian Gardens Additions.

If you're not into sending cards for Independence Day, it would also be perfect for a birthday near the 4th!

We hope you'll play along with us this week - head to the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge Blog to link up your creation. In addition to the Top Mice awards, a free stamp set is awarded each week to a random player!

Have a great day!

Anya

Recipe
Stamps: Bitty Banners, Asian Gardens Additions - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Buckaroo Blue - Stampin' Up!; Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Buckaroo Blue, Going Gray - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Star Nestabilities - Spellbinders; Linen and Canvas Impression Plate - Papertrey Ink

15 comments:

  1. Great colors on this fun banner card Anya! love the stars and the textured paper! Sounds like a nice evening sitting back and enjoying a film!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cute card! Great use of the colors! Love all the stars and the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooove it, Anya! The stars are sooo pretty and I love the colors and the embossed background, and... well, it's just perfect!!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fun CAS creativity of this card Anya! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe with us this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Great challenge combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on both of these challenges, the stars are lovely border....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anya, this is wonderful! Love the white space, the ink colors, and the sprinkle of stars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these colours and they work brilliantly on this very patriotic design! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card! So festive!! Great color combo from Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those fun little banners ... great color story design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely adore this, Anya! Gorgeous banners and stamping, and I'm swooning over all that scrumptious texture! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card Anya! I love how you've layered the stars over the top of the banners, it looks really fun! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A card worthy of the title "pure awesomeness"! Great job with the colors. Thanks so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent card! Congrats on your win at PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just wanted to say that I absolutely LOVE this card! Great colors and GREAT design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!