Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hello Friend

Hellooo! How are ya today? And how did it get to be 1:00 already - geez, time is flying.

I got some happy mail yesterday... I just couldn't resist the Just My Type die and stamp set from My Favorite Things. I also couldn't resist sitting down with it right away.

I started with a cream card base and stamped one of the scripty fonts from Text It in gray ink. Then I stamped the Hero Arts Circle Lace stamp in yellow. On top of that I added a strip of patterned paper and stitched it along the edges. Yellow and gray are perfect retro colors to me.

I die cut the typewriter and paper shapes, then stamped the typewriter image and my sentiment of choice. There are lots of fun ones in this set, but I just wanted a quick note for a friend.

I tied some baker's twine around my paper to help give a little more color balance to the design. I really like how it turned out! This stamp set is fun, and I can't wait to try out some of the other sentiments.

It is a long weekend coming up here in the US and I couldn't be more excited! A day off! So necessary! It is the unofficial start of summer - do you have any plans?

Thanks for stopping by to see me - have a great day!

Anya

Recipe
Stamps: Just My Type - My Favorite Things; Text It - Waltzingmouse Stamps; Circle Lace - Hero Arts
Cardstock: Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink; So Saffron - Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper: Togetherness Collection - Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Going Gray, So Saffron - Stampin' Up!; Jet Black Archival Ink, Antique Linen, Pumice Stone Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Just My Type Die-namics - My Favorite Things; Charcoal Baker's Twine - The Twinery; Sewing machine

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! I just found your blog via pinterest and just love your style!! Hope you enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!