Wednesday, December 8, 2010

April Birthday

Hello! I am here today to bring you this week's Serendipity Stamps DT challenge. This week we were challenged to create a birthday card using one of the month stamps from Serendipity's Illustrated Months set. I love these - one of these days I *will* make the calendar I've had on my list!

I chose to make my card with the image for the month of April. We were given this sketch to work with:


And here is my card:

I followed the sketch pretty much to the letter, just couldn't resist putting my month image right there in that oval spot. Part of the image was paper pieced and other parts were colored with my Copics.

Here is the inside, using the It's That Time and the Happy Birthday sentiments. No reason why I can't use a Christmas sentiment for a birthday, no? I mean, a birthday comes around once a year too!

The Illustrated Month stamps are available in two sizes (the one I used on my card is the larger size). They are available individually or in a set; they are also available in Cling Sets with coordinating sentiments. Go check them out, the illustrations are really adorable!

I'm so glad you stopped by today, please be sure to visit the other Design Team members to see their take on the challenge!


Also, don't forget to check the current contests on the Serendipity Stamps Blog and take some time to sign up for the newsletter (and sale announcements)!

Anya

Recipe
Stamps:
April, It's That Time, Happy Birthday - Serendipity Stamps
Cardstock: Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink; Baja Breeze - Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper: The Thrift Shop - October Afternoon
Ink: Coffee Archival Ink, Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Copic Markers - Imagination International; Doily - Wilton; Sewing machine

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I just love the doily it really adds dimension to the whole card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, Anya! I love the blues and yellows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic Anya! LOVE the papers you used! Just perfect for the April stamp! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!