Monday, May 17, 2010

WMS May Blog Waltz


Good morning, friends! It is a dreary Monday morning here - perfect for a little blog waltzing!

This is my second post for the day, please scroll down to see a little sneak peek of some new stuff coming from PPRS.

In honor of Waltzingmouse Stamps' first birthday, we're having a birthday-themed waltz this month. To get started, head to the WMS Forum to link up your creation and hop along with the other participants. There is also a thread for chatting about what you've seen and participating in our little contest! The DT members are each hiding little teacup images on their cards. Keep track of their count and a correct guess could win you a stamp set of your choice!

Here is my card - don't forget to look for the teacups. You can always click the photo for a larger version.

I stamped a few different backgrounds from Off Beat Backgounds and Picnic Patterns onto my cardstock and then punched them out with a large and small star punch. The background was stamped with the 'Happy Birthday' and 'Its Your Day' phrases from Free Spirit - Sentiments. I adhered my stars using foam dimensionals - I was going for a cascading stars look - and I really like how it turned out. I used Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge as my starting point. It has been ages since I've been able to participate and I hope to get back to joining in regularly! This card is 3.5 by 6.5 inches and would be great for a girl or guy. I love the bright, fun color combination.

Have fun waltzing, I know I've seen lots of posts already! It is so great to see all of you joining us! Don't forget to head back to the WMS Forum to chat and join the contest.

Thanks for visiting, my dears!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps:
Free Spirit Sentiments, Off Beat Backgrounds, Picnic Patterns - Waltzingmouse Stamps Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, White - Papertrey Ink; Wild Wasabi - Stampin' Up!
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Cool Caribbean - Stampin' Up!; Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink
Other: Small and Large Star punch - Stampin' Up!; Corner Chomper - We R Memory Keepers

37 comments:

  1. Yikes - Mercy's sketch is very popular today! (this makes 3 of us using it so far LOL!!!) Love your bg stamped stars Anya - a fun and festive b'day card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your choice of color and I love that it isn't gender specific! I never have enough guy cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colors and all those stars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So stinkin' cute and clever! Love how you utilized these stamps to create something totally "outside the box". Brilliance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anya!! I love all the stars stamped with the backgrounds - what a fab idea (now I'm talking like Claire lol!)! Great take on the sketch also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colour scheme and how great that it isn't gender specific. It seems to be important nowadays, or so my nephews tell me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore background stamps, so this card really appeals to me! And so suitable - Waltzingmouse really is a star - look how far it's come in one year! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, Anya. This card is great. I love all the BG stamps you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic array of decorative stars. Outstanding woman, and it makes for one awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card - great fresh colour combo and love how you stamped backgrounds before punching the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anya, your use of the backgrounds on the stars is so great! Love your color combination too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOO I must try out this idea to make the papers with all the background stamps... ACE!!! Super design also... MEGA FUN!
    Hugs
    Angela xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card with all the fun stars!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great color combination - so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun, starry card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous card, Anya. Definitely one to lift one day. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card, love the stars, so versatile. Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab, gorgeous, absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm in love!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's fresh, fun and just fabulous Anya, the stamped stars are inspired and the colours are ace!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a great guy card. Love all the stars and using the background stamps like this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful card! Love all the stars & gorgeous color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your color scheme and that it could be for a girl or boy. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So cute! Love your twist on the plaid and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great way to dress up the punched stars!
    Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card.
    Love your colors and all of your starts so cleverly stamped.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is well and truly a fab card for anyone, but it's especially good for a guy. Love the colours and the background stamping on those stars...

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love how you've cut the stars from different pattern stamps. This is a card to keep in my inspiration file and I'm definitely going to try it in different colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anya I LOVE this! The colors, the stars.. everything is perfect!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anya, UBER cool - I love that you created the different patterns on the stars - awesome! An inspiring card!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a fun fun card! Love your color choices and the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Perfect card for anyone. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great card! I Love the stars :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. great use of all of those stars

    ReplyDelete
  35. Anya, this is a fantastic card - I love it!! I'm in love with those colours together and i think the stars are so fun!.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Anya, I agree, this would be great for a guy or a gal. And as I am currently mad for plaid, could not help but notice the plaid stars! Fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!