Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy Day!

Hi everyone!

I hope you had a great weekend - I did! Yesterday, I took the Copic Certification class taught by the very talented Sally Lynn Macdonald. It was a great time!

Today I want to share a card I made using some new (to me) goodies. Raspberry and chocolate - yum!

I used this week's Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge for this card. I really missed those sketches! I've been writing them down every Tuesday, but just haven't had much time to use them. But, hopefully I can get back into participating regularly.

I needed to make a birthday card, so I picked out an appropriate Embellie from Volume 1 of the Color Couture collection from PTI. These are *fun*. Honestly, when they were first released I didn't think I would get much use from them. But there are so many possibilities! And I love the color combination suggestions.

I matted my Embellie with some Raspberry Fizz felt that was cut with my Petite Scalloped Oval Nestabilities. I love the texture the felt adds - its just fun! The Kraft base was stamped with Background Basics: Woodgrain and the Raspberry Fizz base was stamped with Background Basics: Diamonds.

Just a fun little card for a dear friend on her birthday! It will soon be on its way to her.


Thank you all for participating in Prickley Pear's Blog Hop last week. I hope you enjoyed seeing the new clear stamps and coordinating dies. All the contest winners have been chosen, so please be sure to head over to Prickley Pear's blog to see if you were one of the lucky ones!

Have a great night my friends!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Background Basics: Diamonds, Background Basics: Woodgrain - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Kraft, Raspberry Fizz, Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Dark Chocolate from the 2008 Bitty Box Basics Collection - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Versamark - Tsukineko; Melon Mambo - Stampin' Up!
Other: Embellie from Color Couture Volume 1, Raspberry Fizz felt, Ric Rac die - Papertrey Ink; Petite Scalloped Oval Nestabilities - Spellbinders

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty card Anya - those colors are great and I love all the patterns on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Anya, I love that color combo, in fact I made a card with that combo earlier today!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!