Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Whoo Hoo!

Hello, my dears. I am so excited because after work today, I get to go straight home and stay there all night! I got some goodies in the mail from Waltzingmouse Stamps and I haven't stamped in so long. I know you know how I feel! :)

Today I want to share another card I made for Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps. This one was fun to make.

And here's a shot of the opened card, its a bit easier to see the owls.

I started with a Kraft card base and cut an oval with my Nestabilities. Then I went back in and stitched some random lines to resemble wood grain. I stamped the little owls and cut them out, arranging them so they'd peek through the hole. I used a white gel pen to outline their eyes. I thought it would be fun to stamp directly onto some patterned paper - I particularly like the look when the card is closed. If you haven't tried a window card recently, give it a shot!

The last stop on our trip was Brussels. We were there for only a short time - really just a day with all the other traveling. I have to be honest: by the time we reached this point of the trip, I wanted to go home. I was tired and just getting sick and it was freezing in Brussels! I tried to make the most of our last day, throwing myself into the tourist-y stuff, but I was really looking forward to heading back home to Bill and our puppies.

One thing we relied heavily on during our travels was Rick Steves. If you haven't heard of Rick Steves, he has a travel show on PBS and also publishes travel guide books. We used a few different ones while traveling, and they are really helpful. They offer honest, sensible advice about traveling in Europe and truly made me feel comfortable about all aspects of the trip: what I packed, what the best way was to pay for things, and what to see. I felt like I knew what I was doing and definitely know that if I can get through 2 weeks in Europe just with one carry on bag, that I can do pretty much anything! ;)

Anyway, what I was getting to with that was we followed some of the walking tours that Rick has in his Amsterdam, Bruges, & Brussels book. Easy to follow, and a great way to get a quick overview of the city. On to the pictures!








If you're interested, the rest of my pictures are here on our Gallery website.

Enjoy your evening! See you tomorrow!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Large Flourished Owl, Branches with Berries, Whoo Hoo! Sentiment, Swirly Birds half sheet - PPRS
Cardstock: Kraft, Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Brown & Green Polka Dots – K&Company
Ink: Dark Chocolate – Papertrey Ink
Other: Oval Nestabilities – Spellbinders; white gel pen; sewing machine

6 comments:

  1. Fab card, very creative. Love your holiiday pics too. Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this card is fabulous! I love everything about it! And your holiday pics are so fun! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anya your card is FABULOUS!! and so our your trip photos!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your stitched wood grain and the cute little tree owls Anya! and more super pics! what a great trip you had!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anya, this card should be in a mag somewhere! it is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so casing this card. Its devine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!