Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sweet Surprise

Hello friends!

Just in time for our third Papertrey Princesses challenge, I bring you.. the second! Better late than never.

I love this challenge, which came from Lee! We were challenged to create a three-dimensional project and to take inspiration from the objects we were planning to put inside. Here's the link to Lee's challenge.

I snooped around the kitchen (looking for treats) and found my husband's favorite - a bag of Lindt white chocolate Lindor truffles. Perfect to package, and perfect for my current obsession with the color yellow.

Yum!

I used this pattern for a crayon box, put together by Jen del Muro. It was simple!

I embossed the swirly vine from With Sympathy and then added a row of gold pearls around the window. The sentiment, from Cupcake Collection, was embossed in gold. I tied it all up with some of the new silk ribbon from PTI - very nice! I loved the combination of yellow, white, and gold and it was fun to make something other than a card. This was a great challenge, Lee - thank you!

And thank you for your visit, I hope you have a great day. Michele is hosting the next Papertrey Princesses challenge and I can't wait to see what she comes up with!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: With Sympathy, Cupcake Collection - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Lemon Tart, White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Versamark - Tsukineko
Other: Silk ribbon - Papertrey Ink; Gold pearls - Michaels; Dotted Scallop edge punch - EK Success; Standard circle nestabilities - Spellbinders; white and gold embossing powder; Crayon Box pattern from Jen del Muro

11 comments:

  1. What a fun box and yummy treat! Your choice of colors is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I love those gold pearls, and feel free to send me candy any day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Anya! The gold embossing is so pretty with the tiny white silk ribbon. Nice, classy touches all around. I'm hopefully going to post my attempt later today too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, what a perfect little box!! Great colour scheme and I love all the embossed detail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AACK! this looks beautiful in the Lemon tart Anya - and what do you mean you found the chocolates in the cupboard?!?!?! chocolate doesn't hang around long enough at my house to get put away anywhere LOL!!! what discipline and control you guys have!!!

    Love the embossed white stamping and that lovely row of pearls - another lovely project!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so cute, love the colors and the simplicity! Especially love those truffles:)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Anya. I specially love the way you added the vine around the window.

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute cute! I love the window in front and the yellow is sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful Anya. Love the colours you chose. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute! I love the cutout- so fun

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!