Friday, September 4, 2009

Thankful Hearts

Happy Friday! Oh the joy of a long weekend.. it is amazing what a difference a day makes! I plan on doing nothing.

Today's card is for Dawn's RSCC Challenge 16. These are such fantastic autumn colors.


Aren't they beautiful? Here's my card.


The background stamp, which is from First Fruits, was stamped onto a piece of Rustic Cream cardstock with Sahara Sand ink. This is one of the closest matches to Kraft that I have! I added some dots here and there with the smallest dot from Polka Dot Basics just to bring in another color and add some interest. I stitched around the edges, then distressed them and inked them a bit.

The bundle of wheat (goodness, isn't this a fantastic stamp? I almost died when I saw this card that Melissa Phillips made using it. One of my all-time favorites) was inked up in Summer Sunrise and then rock 'n rolled with Dark Chocolate. I cut it out, inked and curled the edges and then sprayed it with my mini mister of Perfect Gold Perfect Pearls to give it some shimmer (you'll have to trust me). I added a little rhinestone and that was it!

The card measures 3.75 by 4.25 - just a little cutie that would be perfect at a place setting.

Thank you for your visit today. If you're here in the US, I hope you enjoy your long weekend. I usually don't post over the weekend but I have another card I made for the Moxie Fab World holiday challenge, so I will pop in to post that. I hope you have a wonderful night!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: First Fruits - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Dark Chocolate, Kraft, Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise - Papertrey Ink; Sahara Sand - SU
Other: Perfect Gold Perfect Pearls - Ranger; sewing machine; adhesive rhinestone

12 comments:

  1. I love all the cards I've been seeing with stitching, and your card is no exception. I love the tips of the wheat bundle being a darker color. That is a nice look. And the little rhinestone is a great finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love the chocolate details you added

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - you cut that image out?! Brave girl! It's really cute! Love that background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super beautiful with a rustic feel. That S. Sand ink is awesome. I love those grayish neutral tones. Great job Anya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Anya! I love everything! It's funny when I blogged about my card for this challenge, I wrote that I had thought First fruits would be perfect...but I don't have it, although I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card Anya!!!! Love that wheat set...it's been forever since mine has seen ink, thanks for the inspiration!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super super cute card!!! Love that color combo that Dawn posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is just lovely! love the stamped background and the colour on the wheat...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. perfect fall card! Love the wheat bundle... and love it popping off the card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card. I don't have this set YET! LOL So many stamps that I want, so little $!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! I love everything about it! Top pick for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! I love what you've done with this set!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!