Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Happy Fourth everyone! I am just stopping by for a quick hello today, as we are headed out for a family celebration.


The patriotic image is from Vintage Picnic and was stamped in Rich Cocoa Memento ink. I colored it in with my Copics and used some Distress Ink to add an aged look. I then used the cracked glass technique on the main image. I used Versamark Dazzle to adhere the clear embossing powder and as I was heating it, all the dazzle came loose! The image looks neat, the sparkles floating in the 'glass'. My favorite plaid background is a combination of the stripe image from Let Freedom Ring and Faux Ribbon. The buttons are from a jar of vintage buttons I purchased at a flea market!

Thanks for stopping by today - enjoy America's birthday! See you soon!

-Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Vintage Picnic, Let Freedom Ring, Faux Ribbon - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Creamy Caramel, Night of Navy - Stampin' Up!; Vintage Cream, Scarlet Jewel - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Rich Cocoa Memento, Versamark Dazzle - Tsukineko; Antique Linen, Tea Dye Distress Ink - Ranger; Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo, Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Misc: Pinking Shears, buttons, clear embossing powder, button twine

3 comments:

  1. It's such a gorgeous card! Happy 4th of July!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rustic look of this card! That cracked glass technique is very cool! Fab!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the aged look and the floating sparkles!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!