Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Spring Fling Sketch Challenge

The CLASSroom is celebrating spring with a sketch challenge. You know me and how I love sketches!



I thought I'd start with some patterned paper and see what I could build around it. I found some paper from the Basic Grey Eva collection that I liked. When I saw it, I pulled out PTI's Rustic Branches. I'm sure you'll see why!



The paper was a wonderful match for the wreath of leaves in the set. I stamped the branch from the set in Fresh Snow onto Kraft. The flowers are from Butterfly Kisses and Borders and Corners Heart. They layered perfectly and resembled the flowers in the patterned paper. The edges of the Kraft layers were inked with Fresh Snow ink. I layered this onto a piece of SS White and inked the edges with Antique Linen.


The wreath of leaves was stamped onto Kraft and cut out. This was layered onto a punched out scalloped circle that was inked with some Antique Linen. The Nana sentiment is from Women of Life Additions - perfect for my Nana for Mother's Day! The satin ribbon is Sweet Blush, topped with a Hibiscus Burst button.



Thanks for stopping by!

-Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Rustic Branches, Borders and Corners Heart, Butterfly Kisses, Women of Life Additions - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Kraft, SS White - Papertrey Ink; Patterned Paper - Basic Grey Eva
Ink: Fresh Snow, Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst - Papertrey Ink; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Sweet Blush satin ribbon, Hibiscus Burst button - Papertrey Ink; Scalloped circle punch - Stampin' Up!; paper piercer

5 comments:

  1. such a soft inviting card..beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the kraft paper with the patterned paper that you used... gorgeous color combo. This card is so sweet and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card, love what you did with the layout and colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!