Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #3

Good morning everyone!  I am really loving the Raspberry Suite Color Challenges, and this one is no exception. That Dawn has a great eye for color!


I pulled out the oh-so-versatile Damask Designs stamp set for today's card.  Have I ever said how much I love Fleur-de-lis?  It is one of my favorite designs.  I used the small (I like to think of it as a fleur-de-lis) pattern from Damask Designs to create my background.


I stamped the pattern on Vintage Cream, Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, and Pure Poppy cardstock.  I distressed each piece a little and added to the Kraft base.  The edges were inked with a little Vintage Cream ink.  The sentiment (also from DD) was stamped on Vintage Cream and the end was punched using the EK Success dotted scallop edge punch.  I added a punched out fleur-de-lis and some bling!  If you have some time, take a few minutes and check out some of the other entires for the Color Challenge - they are great!

Thanks for stopping by!


Recipe:
Stamps: Damask Designs - PTI
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Kraft - PTI
Ink: Vintage Cream, Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy - PTI
Other: Dotted Scallop edge punch - EK Success, Fleur-de-lis punch - Punch Bunch, Adhesive rhinestone - Darice (Michaels)

6 comments:

  1. Love the effects of the colors. Great Job on the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color blocking. Simple and every effective! You rocked this challenge!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! I love how you lined up the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, the design is simple but really makes for an outstanding card!! Welldone!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty card! I love the color blocking.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!