Friday, April 24, 2009

Friendship..

Ahhh.. today was lovely. It was warm and sunny and wonderful. I almost didn't blog today, but I had something that I wanted to share. I started this card last night, tweaked it a little this afternoon and photographed it in the sunny evening.


I felt like coloring last night, so I pulled out a retired Stampin' Up! set called See With the Heart.  It has these great vintage images and I went to town with my Copics.  I matted the image onto Sweet Blush and Vintage Cream, both cut out with the Labels Two Nestabilities.  The card base is True Thyme and the patterned paper is also from Stampin' Up! both of which have been retired for a few years. 

The buttons are from my stash - isn't that iridescent flowered one great?  I think it came from some old buttons my mom gave me.. I wonder if she remembers what it was from.  I love it when things have a little history behind them :)

Kind of a shabby feel to it.. a little different for me.  While I love the style, I'm not quite sure I can pull it off... do you have any thoughts? 


As always, thank you for stopping by.  I hope your evening is wonderful!


Recipe:
Stamps: See With the Heart - Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: True Thyme - Stampin' Up!; Sweet Blush, Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up! (sorry, I don't remember what it is!)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa - Tsukineko; Antique Linen - Ranger Industries
Other: Copic markers; Buttons and Ribbon (both oldies from my stash); Labels Two Nestabilities

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!