Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cheer Up, Buttercup! - CPS 113

My new favorite thing is sketch challenges!  I checked out the CPS Sketch for this week and saw this card right away.  That little zig-zaggy design just said tumbling umbrellas to me! :) I couldn't wait to share this card with you!


This is another long card (4" by 8") mostly to accommodate those umbrellas!  The card base is PTI's Aqua Mist, followed by another strip of Aqua Mist with embossed raindrops.  I used the clear Filigree Detail Embossing Powder that PTI carries to emboss those cute little raindrops. 

The umbrellas are stamped in Summer Sunrise and cut out.  The handles are Dark Chocolate.  The sentiment was also stamped in Dark Chocolate.  I rounded the corners and added some buttercup rhinestones.  I am really pleased with this one!  Seems I have good luck with Scattered Showers, as I've loved using it (and loved the results!). 


Hope you all have a great evening!  I might need one of those umbrellas around here when I head out of work, as they are calling for thunderstorms.  Maybe things will cool down a little!

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate it!



Recipe:
Stamps: Scattered Showers - PTI
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, SS White - PTI
Ink: Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate - PTI; Versamark Dazzle - Tsukineko
Other: Filigree detail embossing powder (clear); Adhesive rhinestones

11 comments:

  1. Wow, this card is too cute, great job cutting out those umbrellas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anya! This is so cute! I love your raindrops and your detailed umbrella cutting. Those handles must have been a test in patience :) TOtally worth it.

    THank you for stopping by my blog today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more card I absolutely adore and one more reason to order this set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute!! I trying very hard to resist adding this set to my collection and you are not helping!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is WONDERFUL! I want to say "nailed it!" and hope you know what I mean: it's absolutely perfect! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this in PTI gallery, then found you! :) This is so cute! I think this is my favorite design using this set!! You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovin' this card Anya! The color combo is superb:)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so adorable! I love those cute 'brellas and the sentiment! Great job with CPS 113!

    ~Lea

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable card! Love your embossed rain drops and those cut out umbrellas...what a stand out! :>

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore this set!!! I love how you turned the umbrellas uspside down. Great job with the sketch.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great card! I love the panel, tone on tone with the scattered umbrellas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!