Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Groovy Flower

Thanks to everyone that stopped by during PTI's Blog Hop. Your kind comments were very appreciated. It was also great to have a chance to look at everyone else's projects - they were all fantastic. I am looking forward to next month's Hop!

Again, I apologize for the sporadic blogging. I was so proud of myself there for a while since I was doing a good job of posting everyday. My job has been pretty overwhelming recently, and I am wrapped up in playoff hockey, so I haven't been very motivated. The card I am going to share today is one that we made at Stamp Camp. It has a very simple layout, but it was one of my favorites.



The card base is a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock. Layered on top of that is a strip of Afternoon Tea Designer Series Double-Sided paper. I pulled the colors from the patterned paper for the main image. The stamp set is Live Your Dream, from the Occasions Mini Catalog. Instead of directly inking my stamp, I used my Aqua Painter and painted the ink onto the stamp. I huffed on it and then stamped it onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock - it gave the image a sort of washed out, weathered look. If you've never tried it - give it a shot! It was a fun technique. I used Wild Wasabi for the stems, Groovy Guava for the flowers, and Chocolate Chip for the flower centers. I then stamped the butterfly in Soft Sky on a separate piece of cardstock and cut it out. I added some sparkle with my Sakura Clear Gel Pen and mounted it on my main stamped image with foam tape.

The entire piece was layered on a piece of Groovy Guava. I added a strip of Chocolate Chip Poly-Twill ribbon finished off with the flower slide from the Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware, both available in the Occasions Mini Catalog. Finally, I stamped the triple flower stamp from the Live Your Dream set in Chocolate Chip to the upper left side. That was it!

Thanks for stopping by, have a great night!



Card Supplies:

Stamps: Live Your Dream (SU!)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Groovy Guava, Whisper White, Afternoon Tea DSDS (SU!)
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky (SU!)
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Poly-Twill ribbon, Flower Slide from Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware (SU)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!